Hi I’m Barbs,
I have 20 years of experience in musculoskeletal physiotherapy and I’m passionate about helping people find freedom from their pain.
Unresolved back pain often leads to:
- Poor sleep
- Reduced ability to function optimally
- Lost income if you have to take days off.
Not to mention being plain grumpy with your spouse, your kids or your colleagues.
The most important thing you can do to start your journey of freedom from back pain, is to simply get moving again. Regardless if your pain is due to muscle spasm, joint discomfort or nerve impingement, moving and a gentle mobility plan WILL be beneficial.
- Movement stimulates oxygen to the tissues, nourishing them and healing them.
- It helps dial down the pain volume by activating your body’s own in-built pharmacy and reassures you that some pain or discomfort does not = harm
- Your sleep pattern becomes regulated and stress is reduced.
Here are 3 simple exercises to get you started:
1. Diaphragmatic breathing: this will increase oxygen to the tissues, helps you tune into what your body is telling you and relaxes tight muscles.
2. Gentle pelvic tilts: I would start this exercise in a lying position where you have good control and it’s a natural progression from your diaphragmatic breathing. But if you sit at a desk for most of the day, it would be more functional to do this in your chair.
3. Sitting rotations: rotatory movements apply a gentle stretch to those tight muscles which are guarding and preventing movement. If you don’t find a way to settle this muscle spam down, your pain will escalate.
If you found this helpful and you want relief from your back pain, call our team to book an appointment and let us help you take back control of your health Tell us you saw this video on the Facebook page and we will waver the gap payment or give you 20% off your initial consultation.